Edline M. Chun Award for Outstanding Teaching and Service
Feb 18, 2014
The Edline M. Chun Award for Outstanding Teaching is awarded annually to an Adjunct faculty member in the College of Imaging Arts & Sciences (CIAS) who has shown excellence in teaching and given exemplary service to their affiliated school and to the College.
Professor Edline Chun was a faculty member in the School of Media Sciences where she taught professional and technical writing, for more than two decades. She started her career in the College of Continuing Education at RIT and began teaching in the School of Media Sciences (formally the School of Printing Management and Sciences) in 1992. She was a dedicated and caring teacher giving as much and often more time to the students than a full time faculty member. She continually worked to ensure that her curriculum was current and that it addressed the needs of the industry where her students would launch their careers. Whether it was a teaching day, or not, she was on campus often working late into the evening meeting with students, grading papers, preparing assignments or attending events in support of students, faculty or staff.
Guidelines, Nomination and Selection of Award Recipient
To be eligible for the Edline M. Chun Award, an Adjunct faculty member must have:
- Taught as an Adjunct faculty in CIAS for a total of three (consecutive or non-consecutive) academic years.
- Above average teaching evaluations for the period December 1st of the previous (2012-2013) academic year through December 30th of the current (2013-2014) academic year.
- A record of service to their affiliated school and CIAS (e.g. participation on committees, supporting events, etc.).
The nomination process is as follows:
- Candidates for the 2014 award must be nominated by a fellow faculty or staff member.
- A selected faculty member may not receive the award more than twice during a rolling five year period. Nominated faculty members will be notified by March 14, 2014.
- Nominations and supporting documentation (see attached nomination form) should be delivered to the dean’s office by February 28, 2014.
Award Selection Committee
The selection committee for the Edline M. Chun Outstanding Teaching and Service Award consists of the current CIAS Awards Committee.
Presentation of the Award
This recognition includes a cash award and the recipient will be recognized at the CIAS Adjunct Faculty Reception which is held during spring term.
For questions contact:
Grace L. Gladney-Fulton
Senior Staff Assistant
Phone: (585) 475-2733