College of Imaging Arts and Sciences Outstanding Graduate Student Award
Feb 18, 2014
Guidelines, Nomination and Selection of Award Recipient
To be eligible for the Outstanding Graduate Student Award the student must:
1. Be in the final year of their degree program.
2. Have demonstrated community (CIAS, RIT, Rochester, etc.) involvement. Involvement could include club, department and school activities, etc.
3. Have at least a 3.50 GPA
4. Have been recognized previously for their graduate work (thesis research, exhibitions, etc.) locally (CIAS, RIT, Rochester, etc.), regionally, nationally or internationally.
The nomination process is as follows:
1. Each CIAS School is encouraged to nominate at least one Graduate student. Each school can establish a process for nomination. Nominations (see nomination form) should be delivered to the CIAS Dean’s office by February 28, 2014.
2. Candidates for the 2014 CIAS Outstanding Graduate Student Award can be nominated by faculty, staff or a fellow graduate student in their School. The nominated student must provide the following information to the CIAS Dean’s Office by March 17, 2014:
a. A letter from a full-time faculty member from their School supporting the nomination – the letter should include information on demonstrated community involvement and verification of final year status.
b. A brief (one page or less) bio outlining how they have met the criteria for the award.
c. A copy of the student’s CV.
The selection committee for the Outstanding Graduate Student Award consists of the CIAS Awards Committee.
Presentation of the Award
The recipient of the CIAS Outstanding Graduate Student Award will be recognized at the CIAS Graduate Student Luncheon.
For questions contact:
Grace L. Gladney-Fulton
Senior Staff Assistant
Phone: (585) 475-2733